Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Relationships

The father \child relationship is a picture of our relationship to our God. The Husband \wife relationship is a picture of Christ's relationship to the church.

What a difference in those two. I want my Father to provide for me, to fix all my problems, to comfort me. Well, that works for a child anyway.

Now I should be an adult. This Husband \wife relationship implies partnership. This wife has a tendency to withdraw into herself when problems arise, while the husband wants relationship, and physical comfort. It is always best to seek the relationship , even when it is not the natural tendency. I know there is something spiritually very profound here. I think I will just let my mind work on this for a while, let me know if you come up with something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home