Thursday, February 23, 2006

a good little monkey

I framed a child's drawing of Curious George
this week. My mind has been revisiting the wonderful memories of reading bedtime stories to my boys. There were so many fun favorites like "The Diggingest Dog," and "The Duck on the Truck." I had a wonderful version of "Uncle Remus" that used the dialect in a way I could not re-create on my own. "The relatives Came," by Cynthia Rylint, was at our house more than it was at the library. The visual and literary images took me home to my own family that I miss so much. "They had an old station wagon that smelled like a real car, and in it they put some balogna sandwiches...and up they came." "You had to go through atleast six different hugs to get from the living room to the kitchen. Those relatives!"

Curious George is still one of my all time favorites. He got in so much trouble just being a curious little monkey, and so much more trying to fix things. I can Identify with this little monkey. I never mean to cause trouble or hurt people, but I do. I'm very sorry. Thank goodness for unconditional love in the man with the big yellow hat. Thank goodness for unconditional love in My Savior!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home