Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Letting your heart walk around outside your body

That is how to describe raising children.
I have never hurt as badly for myself as I have for my children. My son is having recurrent awful migraines. Why, why God. He can not keep up with his school work, and not only does the school not show him any grace, they lose the work so he needs to do it twice. The added stress has redoubled the onslaught of migraines. This is not his fault. He does not deserve this. All he has ever done is make me smile, and forgive. It's just not fair.

I slipped into the sanctuary yesterday to cry my heart out to God. The empty tomb consoled me. Jesus walked the earth two thousand years ago, speaking truth, healing, loving and forgiving. He did not deserve what we gave him. It was not his fault. It just was not fair. And His Father left him hang on that horrible cross. How could He do that. Does He love us that much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home