Thursday, March 02, 2006

Who reads this stuff?

Go back to that amazing hair day.
"Enter a world of botanical bliss and unleash the power of your naturally beautiful hair. Embracing you like a meadow of fresh flowers,..."
I was soaking away a sinus headache in my bath, when my eyes lit on the shampoo bottle. How many people stop to read this drivel before they buy the shampoo. How many people have ever read this label at all?

I was reminded of a friend who complained her five-year-old son takes all the cans out of the cabinet so he can read the labels. Well alright, this must be more pleasant than a warning label, and not a bad practice session for a new reader. I must admit that I responded much better to the lovely roses viewed through the pale pink shampoo.

So many people, so many differences. We all respond and learn through different senses and methods. No one teaching method fits all. A good classroom incorporates as many ways to learn as possible- seeing, hearing, and doing. It always surprises me when some of my pre-school Sunday-school students, who I expect to have short attention spans, will want to do one activity and stay there.

So many differences in God's creatures. Like the myriad colors of a raindrop sparkling in a sun-kissed blade of grass...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home