Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Perfect love casts out fear

It is not that we love, but that God first loved us.
My love is definetely not perfect. Yet I rail, I throw tantrums for my Father God. If He is in control why am I suffering. Why are my children suffering. I hate this poverty that is my constant companion. I hate the sickness and physical challenges plaguing my family. If He loves me so much why does He not heal my sorrows. I hate this struggle.

Why does God not smite my impertinence?

Yes, I have a two-year-old mentality. God is my Father, and He is the keeper of my life. There is no hiding my emotions from Him, so I may as well lay them out for Him. I believe absolutely that God is, and that he is in control. I sure don't understand and agree with many things, but then, I am the two-year-old. When I look at what he has suffered to bring me in to this father\child relationship with him, I am calmed and humbled. It is God's perfect love for me that gives me the privelege of coming before Him as His child. It is My Savior's suffering that paid the price of my adoption.

As I give my anger to God, he frees me to look for peace as I ask it of Him. It is hard to find peace if I lay the source of my, or my children's, sorrow anywhere but at the feet of God. I can always find someone to blame. As a child of God I realize there is one who has the name "the accuser of the saints," and he should not have my help.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Even in the midst of your sorrow and worry, you are loved dearly. By God. By your family and friends. By me, too! You're an amazing woman, and we hurt with you when things go wrong.
Love, Joanna

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home