Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Complaining Whiny Prophet

I have been feeling a lot like Jonah the past week.
My boss told me it's time to find a new job. Business has been slow for almost a year now. He doesn't know what the cause is, but feels it is God's way to force us out of our comfort zone and move us in different directions. So here I am, thrown overboard. What is not funny is we have had more business come in since I was told this, than we have in two months. So this business may just sail away safely without me, and here I am sinking to the bottom, my feet stuck in weeds, sinking to depths I didn't know existed. So now what kind of stinky smelly fish will rescue me. Ok, now I am getting my story confused with Jonah's. I read the book of Jonah this morning. Jonah had an attitude. He did not want to do what God asked, and he tried to run away from it. He couldn't deny God's power that kept him safe in the smelly belly of the whale, so he grudgingly warned the Ninevites to turn from their wicked ways. When they repented, Jonah was angry that God did not destroy the Ninevites. It's hard to understand how God would use a prophet with so much attitude. I guess there is hope for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home