Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Straight to the Heart

I have been getting really discouraged watching Mitch, my 16-year-old, suffer with migraines. My heart is tied directly to him. When he feels good after a bad spell I get absolutely giddy.

Sunday night and Monday morning I was in a very deep depression. Depression is a very lonely place to be. It is just too much effort to connect with anyone, even God. Yet God was whispering, I am here, Anne. Find your song. You need to sing to me.

There is only one place to go to find the kind of song needed here and that is David's psalms. It was a revelation to me. God held David's pain in the center of his heart. When David started to pour his pain out to God, God gave him our most intimate vision of our Savior's suffering. When I pour my pain out to God, he gives me this same intimacy. God holds my pain in the center of his heart. He has poured into my heart a taste of the sorrow he has suffered for me. There is a peace and strength in this place where I am loved and treasured by my God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home