Monday, April 10, 2006

Palm Sunday

Pastor D has a way of hitting home with his sermons. This Christian life is not what I signed up for.

The Palm Sunday crowd was not looking for the Jesus who was, but the Jesus they wanted. They did not expect the servant on a donkey, but a warrior king on a steed. They had seen his power in the past three years, power over disease, nature, even death. They had come to realize he was sent from God. They were ready for him to take his place as King. They were ready for their lives to get a whole lot easier. They didn't have a clue.

I have seen God's power in my life, power over disease, and lightning. I absolutely know the reality of his power and personal care. Yet the God who is, is very seldom who I expect. In his touches of absolute power in my life, He has built a faith that can trust that he really does have a plan. My plan was a whole lot more comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home