Sunday, March 19, 2006

What's for Dinner?

I was asked to read John 6:16-26 and form some questions and comments. There is a lot going on in these verses. Jesus has just fed a large crowd. The crowd would like to take Jesus and make him King, so he hides from them. The Disciples have gone ahead, without Jesus, across the sea toward Capernaum. Jesus walks to them at night in a turbulent sea, and goes on to Capernaum with them. The crowd eventually looks for and finds Jesus in Capernaum.

What has stuck with me is what Jesus says to the crowd when they find him. He says" you follow me because I fed you when you were hungry, and for free". (from the Message)

Does it impress me who Jesus is? Do I care How much he has paid for me. Do I care what his purpose in my life is? Do I only go to him when I want something?

Will I pick up "fast food" somewhere else if I do not like the menu God has planned.

I have been starting my prayers the past few days by just saying, "Whats for dinner?" It 's our little inside joke. It helps me remember how priveleged I am just to be able to come before our God, to stand in his presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home