Saturday, April 29, 2006

Faith is a work of God

God has done wondrous things for me, personally. About a year ago, I was trying to comfort my large dog during a lightning storm. I was on a large covered porch, not really feeling any danger. My right foot was suddenly attracted to the wet cement, I knew what was happening, but did not know of any way to avoid it. It is amazing how many prayers can be sent in the blink of an eye. "Oh Lord, don't let this be hard on my family. Please don't let me linger long and be a burden. I'm ready, Lord, but I am surprised. I really thought you had more work here for me. " And then the current traveled up my right side.

God really does have more work for me. Besides some achiness, there were no bad effects in my body. We lost some small appliances in the house, but that is no big loss compared to my life.

The next day, I realized that the toothache I had suffered daily for most of a year was gone. I did not feel it again for months. I have had a few twinges since then, but it is almost like God saying, "Remember how I care for you." It is not just me, part of the human race, but me personally, living the nitty-gritty worry about how long the old car will last, and what's for supper me.

I should have the biggest faith in the world, right? In a perfect world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home